Monday, July 18, 2011

Miller Beach

I hate the beach. I hate the sand, the sun, the heat, the sand. I hate sunscreen mixed with sand, food mixed with sand. Sand in your ears and stuck in your kids' hair. The threat of drowning or losing a child at the beach. I hate the beach.
Eddie had a company outing at Miller Beach in IN at his friend/bosses' house. The Gary air show was happening, the kids were excited so I decided to try and not hate the beach for the day.
I love beach. I still hate the sun but our day at the beach was the best day of our summer yet. The kids had the time of their life playing in the sand and water. The water was the perfect depth so no one would drown unless they went out crazy far. It wasn't crowded and we had plenty of friends to help look after the kids. But, they stayed right by our side for the entire 8 hours. best.picture.ever.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That is awesome. I love your family so much. :)

Jessica said...

I love Reevester making the funny face along with his sibs.