Friday, August 22, 2008

There's More Than Corn in Indiana...

That's right, we headed on out to good ol' Lake Shafer for a weekend getaway with The Campins'. We stayed in a little cottage by the lake with the rest of the family close by. Trinity loved that we were "sharing houses" with everyone. Everyone would stop by and peek in on each other. Trinity thought that was the greatest. It was great that she can take a walk over to Grandma Jo's or Auntie Coo Coo's cabin yet know she can be home in a couple minutes too. It was a safe freedom that she really enjoyed.

I was pleasantly surprised how well Everett did. Since birth he has disliked the pack n' play. However, he slept like a champ while we were away.

Eddie always jokes that I over pack when we take the kids anywhere. This was no exception. I even brought room darkening paper blinds for the bedroom and ohhhh, was I glad I did. Trinity, Everett and I slept until 8:30 in the "cave" of a bedroom while Eddie was awoken to the sun. As he eloquently said "I opened my eyes to what looked like a nuclear blast!"

Some highlights of the trip:

The beach. The kids were able to play in the sand. Everett didn't eat any.
The bombfire. We keep the kids up late to make smores. mmmm.


The boardwalk. Trinity loved all the rides. She drove her own antique car, an airplane, motorcycle and boat. She survived the super fast merry-go-round and after awhile she was feeling really brave and wanted to go on a rollercoaster. She didn't meet the height requirement for any of them though.



She won the jackpot on one of the games. She randomly pressed the button and got 777 which earned her 150 tickets!

No comments: