Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Carnival Picnic

My brother was in town again. I may see him more often now that he is in D.C. then when he lived in Monee. Well, since that was pretty far from Chicago, he basically lived out of town then too. Anyway, I digress. So, he was in town for the 1st annual Tessler Family Picnic. His girlfriend's, Melissa, aunt and uncle own a construction company and have this amazing house up in Crystal Lake (wayyyyy out of town to me). So I took the trek up to visit especially since Eddie was gone all day at Starved Rock (see post). I really wanted to see my brother and Melissa but I also promised Trinity that I would find a "bouncy bouncy" for her soon. At the Pierogi Fest (Trinity refers to that day as the Pierogi Contest...HA!) she was finally brave enough to go jumping on one of those big bouncy houses. She had a blast and almost refused to get out of it. So, I was thrilled to hear that The Tessler's rented one and that Trinity can bounce as I visit with my family. I estimate that she spent at least 2 hours jumping. Her face was so red and her head so sweaty that I was afraid the poor child would pass out.
Among other entertainment at the picnic: cotton candy machine, popcorn machine, giant slip n' slide, dunk tank, baseball and potato sack races. Not to mention a mix of Van Halen music sometimes to loud for my delicate ears. :)


My nephew Doug and girlfriend Emily

Jim and Melissa

1 comment:

The McKays said...

sounds like an amazing day! love the pictures of trinity; she is getting so big. glad you were able to connect with your bro and other family and friends. xoxo