Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hi Sue.

We took advantage of Eddie's day off work and the free admission to the Field Museum for the month of Feb. I had yet to see Sue, the T-Rex. I thought Trinity would like to see her too since she loves dinosaurs. When I told her our plan for the day she said, "I don't want T-Rex to squeeze my face!" (My friend Angela always tells Trinity that she is so cute that she wants to squeeze her face. Apparently she thinks Sue, the T-Rex, thinks the same of her.) I promised her that Sue wouldn't squeeze her face. However, she countered with, "I don't want T-Rex to bite my face!" Ok, not a loving term we use around here. I spent the rest of the day leading up to the trip trying to explain that Sue is not-real, but really is, and that she is pretend but not really. How do I explain dinosaur bones to a toddler!?!?!? Any suggestions???

She loved Sue when we finally saw her and had no worries about getting her face bitten. She L-O-V-E-D all the animals and spent 3 hours running from room to room. She was looking for the tin-man from the Wizard of Oz most of time but that is a whole different story.

Everett sat calmly in his stroller the whole time and didn't say a word. He was a silent and happy observer.



1 comment:

The McKays said...

this looks like so much fun! i loved hearing what Trinity was thinking.

ok, where is a new post!!? we need one! :)