Sunday, January 15, 2012

Winter Wonderland

I was so happy that Navy Pier extended this event an extra week this year. The kids have been asking to go but I knew we couldn't go right before Christmas or too soon after the baby was born. They have been amazing and patient since Elias came into this world so we thought no better way to give them a thank you then with the event they look forward to all year.
On the way downtown with 4 kids in the car, our transmission fried. We managed to drive, very slowly, to my aunt's house and switch the kids into her expedition. I drove that car behind Eddie straight to the Volvo dealership in our luxury lemon and demanded a new transmission. Looks like we might get one on the house but we are still waiting to hear. In the meantime, I have a new xc90 to drive, courtesy of them. anyway...I digress.

Eddie and Trinity waiting over an hour to ride the ferris wheel. I sat on the floor with 3 boys exhausted...waiting...


They wanted to charge me $20 for this same picture. really?

The kids kept saying, "thank you for bringing us here, thank you!"
that made it worth it, broke down car and all.

No comments: