Thursday, January 26, 2012

1 Month

Honestly,month 1 with a newborn and three other kids has not been as bad as I thought. I had much anxiety over this birth because I felt as though I was stretched thin to begin with. Elias is not the easiest baby (wants to be held, carried,and hates the car) but he is not overly difficult either (he is easily comforted if he gets what he wants).
The kids are good with him. Reeve has learned not to jump on him or throw anything at him but he still needs close supervision.
Trinity is a great help as is Everett. Everett however pays the least amount of attention to him. Reeve is the most affectionate and Trinity is the best "mommy" to him.
I am feeling good and have taking running back up again to get the baby pounds off and to feel like a normal person again. I cannot wait until the 6 week clearance...the treadmill is calling my name. It gives me the energy I need to get through the long nights. Elias is waking up about every 3 hours like any normal newborn. I long for a good night's sleep. In the meantime, he cuteness keeps me going and he is on the cusp of smiling. :)

No comments: