Saturday, December 4, 2010

Halloween 2010

I am fully aware it is December and there is a half foot of snow on the ground and here I am just now posting Halloween pictures. I blame my recently deceased laptop computer.
This year for Halloween I only had control of what Reeve would be wearing. Eddie came up with the idea to have him be Max from Where the Wild Things Are. Of course there are no such costumes at Target or any other mainstream store. I had to have it made from a woman I found on Etsy. If only I could sew and had the time. However, if I created it he would have looked more like the Michelin Man.
Everett really wanted to be pirate, specifically Captain Hook. I got the costume at the Disney Store before they even got to the shelves. We then went to Disney world in September and Everett then decided he wanted to be Captain Jack. Shortly thereafter he demanded he be a scary pirate. Luckily I was able to convince him that his costume was any pirate he wanted to be.
Trinity wanted to be a butterfly but had some specifications. It had to be sparkly and the wings had to be attached to the arms not the back so that they would spread out when she lifted up her arms. I only found one costume that had the wings attached to the arms and I wasn't a fan but ordered it anyway...and then found out it was back ordered. Luckily I found the one she is wearing in a random catalog that came in the mail.
We went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood and then stopped by my aunt's house and then on to Eddie's grandparents house to see them.
As we were walking out of the house to meet the neighbors to go treating, Trinity insisted she have her face painted so I whipped up a butterfly pattern and put some eyebrows and pirate beard on Everett. phew!
We were carving pumpkins up to the last minute. We did one (haunted house that Trinity picked) with the kids. I carved the owl after they went to bed and I forgot about the 3rd one until Halloween afternoon so I quickly grabbed a knife and did a simple face.
We still have a ton of candy which I am looking for volunteers to take.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best costumes I have ever seen, EVER!