
My neighbor, and friend, works for Hope Children's Hospital in Oak Lawn. On June 6th, they had a 5k run/walk and a kid's dash race for the little ones. The whole neighborhood participated which was so nice! I thought it was the perfect opportunity to train for my half marathon that I am running on August 1. The kids and Eddie were there to cheer me on. My knees that were previously hurting me felt good. Everything was going great until I was 4 blocks from the finish and something horrible happened to my right ankle. As I write this, 2 weeks post race, I am finally walking without a limp thanks to my friend, Motrin, and some good physical therapy.
I hobbled to the finish to see the kid's run. Everett wasn't too excited about running but Trinity was all smiles. I was behind the camera cringing in pain.

The Race: The Movie
On the way home we rescued a turtle from the middle of a 4 lane highway. We brought him to a local forest preserve where he is happy in the pond.

No comments:
Post a Comment