We made our annual trip to the Oz Ball this year at Navy Pier in support of The Emerald City Theatre. They have a great season coming up: Pinkalicious, Wizard of Oz, Don't Let The Pigeon Drive the Bus and Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. Check them out, the kids *love* it.I was so excited to get into the ballroom, do fun stuff with the kids, check out the silent auctions, boogie, meet the characters and of course snap pictures! I turn on my camera...battery dead. gasp!!
Thank goodness we were at Navy Pier and easily found a $10 disposable camera. Do you know how ancient I felt taking pictures with this thing?!? In addition, the fact I couldn't see the finished product immediately was quite disturbing. Anyway, the pictures aren't great but at least they exist other than in my mind.
The kids had a blast. Everett was a DANCING MACHINE. He stayed on stage without us forever just following the moves of the cast. He will grabbed the lion's hand/paw and joined him in the conga line. It was hilarious. He was by the lion's side until I finally felt awkward for the lion and convinced Everett to move on to the cupcake table or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment