Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is one of my favorite days of the year. The vast majority of my being is focused on raising happy, kind, balanced children that will succeed in this crazy world. I enjoy it immensely but it is so very difficult. I struggle to find my identity outside motherhood sometimes. So, this day is a day to be honored for all I do and it really makes me feel all warm and cozy inside.
Trinity made me a craft at school that she was so excited to give me. It just melted my heart!
The plan was to walk a 5K with the Breast Cancer Network of Strength with my mom and aunt in honor of my grandma. Sick children, chilly temps and the need to sleep-in put a damper on that plan. So, Eddie got up, got me my favorite coffee, I ran 3 miles and settled in for Eddie's homemade crepes. It was a nice relaxing morning which is just what I needed. It was perfect!
Later we went to Eddie's parents house for brunch. The spread was comparable to any high-end restaurant in town. I was very impressed! It was so nice to enjoy a meal and have the kids play and visit instead of chasing them around a restaurant. Eddie's grandmother and uncle were in town from Venezuela (more posts on that to come) which made it even that more special.



I snuck out to visit with my mom. I raced back to Eddie's parents with medicine for Everett to sooth his 103 degree fever. He fell asleep on Eddie's lap for 2 hours which never has happened. Poor guy!

Happy Mother's Day to all the special moms in my life!!

No comments: