What do get when you have wolves in your backyard, a 500 lb. black bear, a cougar and a hundred kids? Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen or a federal crime in the least. However, it is a wolf ranch 5 minutes from my house. You drive into the back of a subdivision and await one of the coolest and strangest places I have ever seen. Here is a wolf on a leash two feet from us showing us his giant teeth. The owner was quick to point out that if he bites you, his teeth are hooked so the more you pull away, the deeper the teeth sink into your skin. thanks!
The kids got their faces painted by a "talented" volunteer. They are supposed to be a wolf (Everett) and a bear. hmm!
I think Everett's highlight was taking the school bus from the local shopping center to the ranch. He really wants to be a big kid riding to school on the bus. Here is my little wolf...
I am holding a baby wolf cub. Pretty cool, huh?
I am holding a baby wolf cub. Pretty cool, huh?I wish I got more pictures of the other animals but it was wicked cold and I was worried about those wolves on the leashes eating my kids.
The ranch has an open house about once a month during the summer months. That is the only time it is open to the public. It is an experience. You should check it out.
2 comments:
I love that place. Once you go, you carry a piece of it in your heart forever.
That is what the crazy Indian flute player said!
Post a Comment