Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Apple Picking, Part II

My current moms' group came down from the city to visit the country and go apple picking. We went to the same orchard that I visited the week before. I was sceptical of the apple picking variety or success considering the late season and recent frosts. However, the trees did have some apples and the kids had fun. I was able to snap pictures. check, check, check.
Reeve sat this trip out with a congested sinus cavity and some cuddle time with Aunt Netters. After an ER visit on Sunday due to an anxious mama and a sick 4 month old, I thought it best he be where it was warm. Meanwhile, the older kids were dressed in 4+ layers.
I am excited to visit this orchard next year as they grow every fruit and vegetable under the sun. I just have to get there in peak season.
My mama friends came back to my home for a nice lunch of pumpkin soup, chicken salad and fruit.

bucket foot.
taste testing.

No comments: