Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer Break Week 8

This week was taken up almost completely by VBS.  I decided this year that instead of taking 10 preschoolers from activity to activity (which was exhausting) that I would organize, create, pass out and clean up the snacks.
I was not prepared for the chaos that ensued.  I seem to think I am in pretty good shape and are a pretty patient person.  Snack time tested me physically and emotionally. LOL
25 preschoolers came into a small room demanding their snack.  They spilled drinks, requested more water before we even served food, made a mess, wanted something different.. on and on and on.
As they were trying to leave, 25 more preschoolers came through and tried to maneuver around the other kids leaving.  The new kids wanted their snack, their water.....
My head was spinning around and around.  I was sweating, my heart was racing, I needed air..
At the end of the day so many little ones had the time of their lives learning about Jesus.  that is what it is about.
My niece Ava came with us which was a great time for her and Trinity to spend a lot of quality time together but also for her to see our church and love it as much as we do.
Although exhausting, I look forward to it next year.


We did sneak a movie night in our week with tasty snacks.

No comments: