I am having the most fun as I ever had as a mom. I think it is because all my little people are excited to get out and so many things and can start to appreciate not being stuck in the house. (Elias likes to be stuck in the house, in his crib for naps but he is flexible enough to go with the flow.)
Week 7 brought us to the Little Red Schoolhouse. It is one of my favorite places since I was little and that cute schoolhouse has been upstaged by the awesome new nature center. However, said schoolhouse is still open and houses the old black crow who likes the quiet space.
We had little time to walk the trails since Trinity was busy at Art Camp and needed to be picked up on time (that didn't happen this day). We met a new friend and had a little picnic by the lillypads. I couldn't walk far on the trails anyway since my much needed wheel of my stroller flew off an hour earlier and I had to MacGyver it on with a bobby pin. Turns out, I didn't do MacGyver justice.
The next day we met my SIL, niece and nephew at Ty Warner splash pad.
This picture of Everett in the background cracks me up. He is doing his karate kicks to the mercy of the water. I am surprised he never slipped and cracked his head open.
Elias enjoyed getting his toesies wet.
Jase loved pouring water over everyone heads. The funny thing is that I don't think there was ever much water in the bucket.
Ok, then it was the Nature Museum. (I didn't realize how busy this week really was.) We saw butterflies being released. Shortly after this picture was taken a huge flash of lightening illuminated the glass atrium we were in followed by the largest thunder I ever heard. I screamed out loud and it was a crying free-for-all for the boys who were so shaken they wanted to go home immediately. Thankfully they calmed down. Fast forward 5 minutes to seeing the rest of our family walk down the hallway *soaking* wet. I guess they got caught in the storm. :(
Best pictures of the year thus far.
Trinity's art from her art classes.


1 comment:
Oh my goodness, I made a picture in art when I was about Trins age that looks almost identical! I must find it!
Post a Comment