Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Trinityisms

Yesterday we were driving by a soccer field where some girls were practicing. I pointed out how much fun they were having since I am trying to convince Trinity that playing soccer is fun! Instead of looking at the players, she looked at the bleachers and noticed there was no one sitting in them. She commented how the seats were empty because soccer is so boring and nobody wants to watch it.

We have been talking a lot about God's purpose for things. She has been asking what a horse's purpose is or a bee's purpose. The other day she out of blue asked what OUR purpose on earth is. When I asked her what she thought she said working or being a mom. Although very good answers I explained how those are jobs and our purpose is the spread the message of Jesus and be His example. We got into a little evangelical talk and she is very excited to tell her friends about Jesus and to have her own kids some day to pray with them. cute!

Lastly, she asked why God made bad people. (Her mind is just going, going, going.) I explained that God made everyone in the hopes that they be good and love Him. God made us so that we make our own choices. Some of us just choose to be bad. Some of us can't help it I guess. She thinks that is "so, so sad!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you would have made this into 2 parts, because I am going to say something "bad". That soccer comment was THE BEST! One of the guys here has 2 teenagers in soccer and everyday he comes in we have to listen to every detail of every practice. You would think they are world class athletes or something. It is great that he cares so much, but it is scarily obsessive!!! So I printed Trinity's comment about soccer being boring and showed everyone in the office and we all got a much needed laugh. Trinity is very wise beyond her years! You made our day. Thanks for sharing that.

Jessica said...

Wow, very advanced questions for a 5 year old. I love that she is getting deep and learning about Jesus. How beautiful.