My neighbors rented a bus, a real bus, to tour around the surrounding towns to look at Christmas lights. Everett was beside himself knowing he was going on a school bus. All he ever talks about are firetrucks and school buses. Walking toward the bus he kept screaming, "YAY, school bus!" When the door opened and he was about to board he says, "NO school bus!" I think the size of it freaked him out. I carried him to the back and after we started going he went back to yelling "YAY, school bus!"
The trip took about 3 hours. Not sure we really thought about 3 hours on a bus with kids that were not buckled down. Thank goodness Reeve was at home with my mom! Trinity was good for the most part. She was *very* interested in the boys in the back of the bus. Lets hope she gets over that quickly. She passed out before the tour was over. Whiles still awake she ate about a dozen Christmas cookies while yelling "scrooge" to the homes that did not decorate with lights! HA!


Everett was great considering he is an active 2 year old. He sat still mostly...he had a couple of moments of craziness.

I had a great time. Eddie was a bit worn down at the end. This is him 2 hours and 58 minutes into the ride.

We did see some awesome homes. I have to get the addresses so we can check them out again next year in our own car. Not sure Eddie can handle a school bus of kids, noise, foggy windows and potty breaks. Granted, he did have fun but I think he would be much more cozy in the comfort of his heated Volvo leather seats.
No comments:
Post a Comment