Friday, May 29, 2009

Reeve Rafael

Our beautiful baby boy was born on May 27th at 4:50PM. He was 9lbs. even (our biggest baby) and 21 inches long (our longest baby). I thought he felt like I was carrying a gallon of baby in my belly.
He is eating like a champ and hopefully will be sleeping like one soon. He is currently fighting some jaundice which the other kiddos did as well.

Both Trinity and Everett love him. When we told Trinity she was had another brother she said "That is wonderful!" I love the way she pronounces his name which sounds more like "Weeve." She keeps asking when he is going to wake up so he can play. She has brought him her dollies and sings to him when he cries. Too Cute!
Everett is very curious about him. He gave him kisses and hugs when he first met him. I am hoping they have a very special bond as brothers.



i

His Name: Eddie and I were throwing out names to consider. We were thinking of traditional names knowing we weren't heading in that direction but basically just making conversation. Eddie suggested Christopher which I said was too normal. Eddie then thought of Christopher Reeve and suggested the name Reeve. I laughed and then thought "hey, that sounds like a cool name." However, we didn't know if it was actually a real name. I looked it up and sure enough, people do have it and it means "steward."

Rafael is the Spanish version of Raphael which means "God has healed". Raphael is also an archangel in addition to our favorite Renaissance artist Raphael or Rafael Sanzio.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

He's gorgeous! Love the name. Hope you are all recovering well and enjoying this beautiful blessing from God!

Amanda said...

YAY, Reeve!! Congrats, Leslie and family. So happy for you and can't wait to meet him. :)

George said...

He's a handsome boy. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

Your description of Trinity and Everett's response to their brother brought tears to my eyes. Such a beautiful thing! Trinity will be such a wonderful older sister of brothers.

~Heather San Filippo

The McKays said...

Les, he is such a beauty!! congrats on your newest addition. i love his name; thanks for sharing the coming-to of it.

i love the beanie picture.