Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Every Mother's Day I head down to Grant Park and walk the Breast Cancer Network of Strength (formerly Y-ME) run/walk with my mama and Aunt Annette. Last year I missed it due to the down pour of rain and snow. I did not want to miss it this year simply because my walking skills are rusty. I recruited Eddie and woke the kids up well before they were ready to get up and headed downtown.

I made it about 1/2 or 3/4 of a mile before I ditched the walking part and just waddled around the fountain and played in the grass.

I think I was the highlight of the day for many people. I had too many comments to count about my *huge* belly. Here are some of my favorites:

You got twins in there?
You look like you are about to pop!
When are you due...today?
Are you trying to self induce yourself?
You are gonna have that baby tomorrow!!!
You got fries with that shake?


My OB/GYN office creates a team every year that runs together. I had faith in knowing I could have paged my doctor right there if need be. Eddie suggested that maybe I should find her and just ask her to check me out since I was certain I was in labor last night. HA!

Part Deux

As I needed a good rest after the walk, Eddie met his parents, sisters, bro-in-law at the zoo with Trinity. Unfortunately Everett decided he wanted to take a short nap so I really didn't rest. Oh well, we had some good quality cuddling time.




After the zoo, we went to dinner in Greektown with everyone. Thankfully it was a loud restaurant so Everett's ruckus wasn't too disturbing.

Again, I was met with looks and another comment that I heard earlier in the day: "Are you due tomorrow?" (Why tomorrow, why not today or next week?)

Perhaps if I do not put my feet up right now, I may go into labor. I am going to go watch the finale of Amazing Race and ask Eddie to rub my feet.

Happy Mama's Day!

1 comment:

Liz M said...

Leslie, you are the only person I know who, despite being "due tomorrow" "with twins" you look like a supermodel. That shot of you and Trinity is just lovely. Glow on my pregnant friend, glow on!