At 7:55 AM she entered this world weighing 8lb., 13oz and 20-1/2 inches long. She was just absolutely gorgeous. It was Palm Sunday as well as the first day of Spring. It was chilly and cloudy outside. My mom and step dad were on their way home from the airport from Hawaii and Eddie's parents were getting ready for church. After 25 hours of labor and 48 hours without any sleep, I wasn't the least bit tired.
Eddie and I stared at her for the longest time. We refused to put her down. Eddie actually damaged a tendon in his arm from holding her for so many consecutive hours and days. We didn't want to put her in the nursery in the hospital for fear of missing her so much.
I hope these memories never leave me for I hold them precious in my heart.
Before I forget...I want to jot down some things she has been up to for the last year.
Her favorite expression has been: what!?!?!? or What is the world are you talking about!?!?
She tells secrets in your ear.
Her imagination is off the charts. She has gained a dozen imaginary friends. Her favorite is Austin, the purple kangaroo from The Backyardigans.
She loves to sing and dance but only in the comfort of her own home, usually not even in front of us.
She memorizes songs.
She can remember things from months before.
She loves to pretend and makes us pretend we are characters from movies or shows all day long. Even when we are not pretending she makes us "think about what we want to pretend."
When we finally agree to pretend something, it starts with "Ok, Let's do it!"
She often says, "I have a great idea...!"
We cannot tell a story without first saying "Once upon a time."
She has enjoyed several plays and her first Broadway musical, Mary Poppins.
She has become quite a wonderful big sister. She is not only Everett's best friend but a mini-mama to him, a habit I am trying to break.
She has learned to spell her name by herself and can write any letter.
She can recognize some words and read them.
She is a master at the computer and can maneuver through PBS Kids and Nick Jr.'s website faster than I can.
She loves a spontaneous dance party.
She can do the splits.
She has become fearful.
She has become scared of certain things whether real or made-up. Unfortunately she has realized that this world isn't as safe as it should be.
She took her first trip to Disney.
She can do a somersault.
She has rediscovered the art of cuddling.
She still loves books.
She has learned to ride a bicycle and scooter.
She can do a 50 piece puzzle in minutes.
She loves to take pictures.
She helps me scrapbook.
You cannot leave without giving "kissies and huggies."
She sometimes has a "teenage" attitude and has been disciplined many times for slamming doors.
She is big enough for a booster chair instead of a car seat.
She won't let us talk about the baby because it is her secret.
She memorizes scripture.
She can zip zippers.
She can completely dress herself including picking out interesting outfits.
She says: "I am so excited!" and wildly claps her hands.
She makes up names for people, dolls, things, emotions, etc. For example, her baby sitter's name is Heather but she thinks Mary-Weather is a nicer name and refuses to call her anything else.
She talks on her pretend phone when nervous around people. Someone will say hi to her and she will instantly get on the phone and start talking to Kevin (Kevin Jonas that is).
She does a pretty good job coloring in the lines.
She can rhyme any word.
She loves any craft project.
She knows left from right.
She can put on make-up and makes it look good.
She tells really funny knock-knock jokes.
She can brush her teeth.
She calls our flag the American Flag of Earth.
She sees churches and tries to figure out what Disney princess lives there.
She is afraid of flies.
She calls vanilla, "banilla."
She can balance on one foot and makes you watch her do it.
She can do "connect the dots" pictures.
When describing something she says "It's like..."
I hope I find a million more things I can jot down before they leave my ever-increasing-forgetful memory for good.
Trinity at 3 weeks old. (It is the youngest picture of her on my computer since it has been replaced since then.)
Trinity's first birthday. We celebrated with 2 parties at home: one for family, one for friends.
Trinity's 2nd birthday. We spent the day at Chuck E. Cheese and had a party later that weekend at our home.
Trinity's 3rd birthday. We went to Navy Pier and met Hello Kitty and Polly Pocket. We spent hours in the Children's Museum. We had a formal party on Easter at our home since her birthday and Easter were 2 days apart. She was happy to share her day with Jesus' Resurrection Day.
Today we enjoy a day at Fantasy Kingdom and dinner, cupcakes and celebration with family. I will post pictures over the weekend of her birthday party at Pump It Up.
4 Year Stats:
40lbs - 50th %tile
41 inches - 75th %tile
BMI: 16.43
2 comments:
so sweet, leslie. thanks for sharing these memories. i'd better start writing some things down, too!!! :) happy bday, trinity!
Leslie, I'm glad to get to know Trinity a little bit better. Happy Birthday to her!! She totally did the fake phone thing to me the other day at CBS and I didn't know what to make of it...it helps to know that she was nervous! :-) And I agree with your friend, recording these things about your kids is SO smart because they move to the next stage much too quickly...
Post a Comment