The weather was mild and the kids were anxious to get into the Christmas Spirit. We headed on over to Tinley to see their annual parade. I heard they had horse and buggy rides so we sprinted on over. Well, we took a little too long to get there and the line was really long. What turned out to be a nice, leisure horse / buggy ride turned into a quick ride around a u-shaped drive. The entire thing lasted about 33 seconds. ah well.
While Eddie was securing us a place in line with the horsies, I took the kiddos exploring. We saw a big gingerbread house. Reeve pretended to be interested in it to avoid yet another picture taken by his mama.
The kids decorated some cards to ship to the soldiers that are missing Christmas at home this year. :(
The second the sun set, the light parade started. Not too shabby. We didn't have enough time to see Santa, or get hot cocoa, or eat dinner, or get any sort of treat or do Christmas crafts. I know to get there earlier next year,This is best picture I could take with my point and shoot camera and moving children. Luckily they were all in it. dumplings!
No comments:
Post a Comment