Monday, October 17, 2011

Mustang Mini Marathon

Trinity recently had a fundraiser at her school to raise money for the PTO which ultimately gives the money raised right back in programs and equipment for the school. This past year the school raised enough money to be the satellite school in proving IPads to several classrooms. They were able to purchases 7 of them and rotate them through the classrooms. Problem is, Trinity wants one for Christmas. Not until Mommy and daddy get one! It rained this year so they had to hold the event in the gym. Each class level had 20 minutes to run. They created a roped course which became bottlenecked and hard to maneuver through. There was a section in the hallway that they needed to walk through and the stamp station for each lap was backed up. I only care about these things because I hope Trinity grows to love running like her mama, she is built for it. I was hoping she could get 2 miles in 20 minutes which would be good for her age. She only got in 1.5 miles because of the above conditions.
I know the competitive spirit in me thinks about all the above things but most of all I know she had fun, all the kids did. She was able to raise $140 for her school which guarantees her the opportunity to throw a whipped cream pie at her principal (I am excited about those pictures).

No comments: