Friday, February 25, 2011

Field Trip

I was feeling overzealous and decided to take the kids downtown to see Daddy's work. Trinity has been asking for a year and I have been putting it off. She had the day off school so after a trip to Great Grandma/Grandpa's house and then a stop by Grandma Jo's house, we were off. Our first stop was the Board of Trade to see the trading floor and a chance to see Daddy in action.
We traveled outside to take some pictures with the statues. Everett's pose and face in this picture cracks me up.
Our next stop was Navy Pier. I had some time to kill so thought we would run around the pier. It was a nice day so the Ferris Wheel was running. Trinity was so excited to go on. My fear of heights, especially in an open cage with a toddler, almost prevented me from going on. I got to the ticket counter and saw that the ratio rule for small children was 1 adult for every 2 kids. I thought I was in the clear since I was solo with 3. The ticket guy said it was fine, apparently the death of my children was not a concern for him. We boarded and my blood pressure increased with every foot off the ground. I held Reeve so tight I thought I would suffocate him. I demanded that nobody move a muscle. Everett was sitting next to Trinity and then got up and walked over to sit by me while we were close to 150 feet in the air. I almost freaked out. I was shaking I was so scared and tears were rolling down my face. Trinity thought this was all funny. I was a wreck and never so happy to be safely back on the ground...well maybe there has been an airplane ride or two that I felt that relief as well. :)
Of course, my anxiety did not hamper my ability to take some photo memories.
Safely on the ground...

From here we picked Daddy up from work and headed to The Hackman's for John's Pizza from our old hood!

I went to bed at 8:30 in pure exhaustion.

No comments: