Friday, October 22, 2010

Open House


This was one of the best and worst days of the fall so far.
Our local fire stations had their annual open houses. Since Everett LOVES firetrucks we thought it be the perfect outing for an afternoon after church. After a great service we went headed out to see the fire station. We spent a couple hours there looking at all the rescue equipment and observing a fire demonstration that FREAKED me out. Lets just say that if we ever build a house
that there will be sprinklers installed.
Shortly after getting home I thought about where the camera was. I asked Eddie if he had it. no. I asked again a couple hours later if he saw it. no. At 10:45pm I started to look for it and realized I lost it somewhere. I went back to the fire station at 11 pm, in the dark, manned with a flashlight and tears in my eyes. You see, I had never downloaded recent pictures off the camera which included Everett's birthday. I had no documentation of his birthday at all and it destroyed me inside. I did not find the camera and cried myself to sleep. I really did.
I called the fire station the next morning. They did not find it. I got in my car and drove there. I didn't see it. I cried to the firemen that were there. I went home. When I got home there was a message on my vm from the fire chief. He had my camera. I ran back to the station praising the Lord.

No comments: