Monday, February 23, 2009

Defining Moment

Yesterday was a difficult day for me. We took a trip to Water Tower for Eddie's little sister's birthday, and his niece's...Happy Birthday Abby and Ava!


All the sudden,

I started to have heart palpitations,


my brow starting to sweat,


I felt dizzy,


the room was spinning,


my breathing turned quick,


my heart raced,


my stomach tightened.

This was not a health issue or a pregnancy issue, thank goodness. It was my reaction to the total amount owed at the American Girl store...and my realization that this is my reality as a mother of a girl. Oh, how I will struggle with the lack of necessity and cost of this store and training my little girl to appreciate the value of a dollar.

We can honestly say that we did our hardest to stimulant the economy yesterday.

These pictures, and cuteness, I consider maybe not worth the cost. Unless she plays with this doll everyday and passes it on to her daughter, I may have a bitterness in my stomach.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

oh, leslie, something to look forward to! ;) i'm sure vann will have heart palpitation's as well....

Elizabeth said...

Yeah, I am looking forward to this and NOT looking forward to this. Hopefully I can hold off a few more years...
Hannah wants to know what her baby's name is?

Leslie C. said...

She named her baby Cola!?!?!?!? I think because it rhymes with Lola and she loves the show Charlie and Lola.